PLAYER CODE OF CONDUCT
The Alabama Junior Golf Association (AJGO) is grateful for the involvement of players, parents, and host facilities. The AJGO has established rules and guidelines for both its participants and their families. We firmly believe that with privilege comes responsibility. It is required of all participants to adhere to The AJGO PLAYER CODE OF CONDUCT while participating in any AJGO event:
1. Regarding Attire: when you arrive at the golf course you are expected not only to act like a golfer, but to look like one as well. Your personal appearance during competition is important.
- The following attire is NOT allowed: tank tops, tee-shirts, short shorts, denim shorts, and jeans are not acceptable.
- During play, collared shirts or mocks must be worn and tucked in at all times.
- Girls may wear sleeveless golf shirts.
- If a hat, cap or visor is worn, it shall be displayed in the proper manner.
2. Regarding alcohol, tobacco, and drugs: The use of any of these substances on or off the golf course will be considered a violation of the AJGO CODE OF CONDUCT leading to disqualification of/or suspension from the AJGO golf tournament or tournaments at the AJGO’s absolute discretion.
3. Regarding etiquette/course behavior: Any breach deemed to be serious by the AJGO may result in disqualification under Rule 33-7. A serious breach may include but is not limited to the following:
- abusive or inappropriate language
- disrespect shown to course officials, volunteers, club members or golf professionals
- throwing of clubs
- mistreatment of the golf course in any way is considered a SERIOUS VIOLATION of the CODE OF CONDUCT
4. Cancellations: notification of an AJGO official is required prior to leaving the golf course during a competitive round when withdrawing for any reason, including medical. The Alabama Junior Golf Association realizes that you, as a player, know that golf is a game of honesty and integrity. By accepting this CODE OF CONDUCT, you are indicating your desire to do your part in keeping the game of golf a great game, and to abide by and accept this CODE OF CONDUCT and the Alabama Junior Golf Association’s enforcement of this CODE OF CONDUCT.
Checking “YES” on the Tournament Registration webpage indicates the Player agrees to abide by all tournament regulations and the AJGO CODE OF CONDUCT.