SPECTATOR CODE OF CONDUCT
The Alabama Junior Golf Association appreciates the support provided by parents, grandparents, and other spectators who attend our events. In order to run our tournaments in the most effective manner and provide enjoyment for all involved, we need all non-players to abide by the following Spectator Code of Conduct throughout the tournament experience:
- Please remain on the cart paths, in the rough, and at least 50 yards away from those playing throughout the course of the event.
- Please do not walk in the fairways.
- Please do not give advice to a player during his or her round. Advice (Rule 8) is any counsel or suggestion which could influence a player in determining his play, the choice of a club or the method of making a stroke. In addition, any conversation between player/spectator may be construed as advice. This includes any conversation between player/spectator in their native language. In either instance, penalty for breach of this rule is two strokes. Players are responsible for the actions of their relatives and spectators in regards to this rule.
- Spectators can help look for lost balls, be a spotter and come up to the green to watch when the players are putting.
- Spectators need to be aware of other players on the course.
- Please do not lag behind which prevents the group behind from playing their shots.
- Please do not attempt to assist the player’s with rulings.
- If the Rules Official requires your input, they will approach you.
- Please set your cell phones in “Silent Mode” while on the course.
- Abusive or inappropriate language toward Tournament Staff or Golf Course Staff will not be tolerated. Violators will be escorted to the Clubhouse for the remainder of the tournament by Golf Course Security.
- Please respect the host facility’s policy regarding cell phones indoors, dress code, etc.
- IMPORTANT: Please do not approach the Scoring Table after the Round or assist the player(s) with scoring while they are at the Scoring Table.
Checking “YES” during Tournament Entry indicates an agreement by the Parent/Guardian and Spectators accompanying you to abide by all tournament regulations and the Alabama Junior Golf Association SPECTATOR CODE OF CONDUCT.
Spectators in violation of the Spectator Code of Conduct will:
1st Violation: The Spectator will receive a verbal warning by the Tournament Director.
2nd Violation: The Spectator will be escorted to the Clubhouse for the remainder of the tournament by Golf Course Security.
3rd Violation: The Spectator will receive an email notifying them that they are not allowed onto the golf course at the following 3-tournaments in which their “player” is participating.
Final Violation: The Spectator will not be allowed to spectate at any AJGO Tournaments.
Please be aware: We do notify all Golf Associations and Golf Tours with which the AJGO has an ongoing relationship about Spectator and/or Player Code of Conduction violations.
Junior Golf Tournaments are for the Player’s enjoyment. We welcome spectators who can spectate without distracting the players or interfering with the player’s score-keeping and rulings. We want our junior golf tournaments to be a place where players can learn how to compete in tournaments, however, they cannot learn if they are not allowed to make mistakes.